In trusting relationship with responsible adults who provide care, positive role modeling and encouragement.
- Safe – Perceives safety, including strong boundaries and physical and mental health supports.
- Accepted – Strong sense of belonging and being affirmed as unique individual.
- Valued – Feels appreciated and respected with open, honest communication.
- Supported – Provided encouragement and resources.
In an environment that expects best efforts and supports meaningful learning and growth.
- Readiness – Monitored for and met at level of physical and psychological readiness for challenge and growth.
- Challenge – High expectations for agency, best efforts and achievement, and held accountable without shame.
- Support – Close others support authentic living, give and receive support, and resolve conflicts in healthy ways.
- Positive Norms – Provided opportunities to grow self-efficacy and leadership in environment of growing through adversity.
Taught skills to grow strengths, cope with adversity, regulate emotions, and refuel positive energy.
- Awareness – Aware of self and others and understands consequences of actions.
- Self-Regulation – Capacity to delay gratification, manage impulses and show respect for self, others and environment.
- Perseverance – Motivated to set goals and sustain effort, even in the face of setbacks.
- Rejuvenation – Uses daily practices to regenerate positive emotions and actions.
Provided meaningful opportunities to connect with and contribute to community.
- Engaged – Participates weekly in meaningful peer-based activities and community-based gatherings.
- Connected – Feels cared about and allows others to invest in physical and emotional well-being.
- Resourceful – Feels regularly relied on to solve problems or improve community.
- Contributing – Perceives ability to make a difference and volunteers in community.
Strengthened with messages of hope and engaged in co-creating a positive future.
- Self-Confident – Positive self-perception and confidence in strengths and abilities.
- Hopeful – Holds a positive vision for life one year or more into future.
- Optimistic – Believes in ability to make a difference and contribute to a more positive future.
- Collaborative – Supported to develop strong social skills, communication skills, and collaborative problem solving.
Supported as whole person with regular opportunities to grow and express strengths.
- Mental Health – Mental health needs met, regularly disconnects from technology, curious and reads for pleasure.
- Physical Health – Engages in sufficient sleep, healthy nutrition, daily physical activity and rest and time in nature.
- Emotional Health – Sense of gratitude, joy, self-compassion and regular creative expression.
- Spiritual Health – Open-hearted, sense of purpose, optimism for personal future and engages in community or activities.
Continue the Conversation.
Share the page and the FREE resources below with your friends and colleagues so that we may all work together to build a more resilient world.